Monday, January 7, 2008

Tis the Season to Be Jolly (Delayed)

Wednesday
12:18 hours
Canteen
Four Seasons Maldives Kuda Huraa

Ho, ho, ho… Merry Christmas to all!

It has been an eventful festive season here and to start off I have been transferred over to the Kids’ Club starting 20 December until the New Year, alternating between Front Office, and boy what an experience it has been.

I’ve never been much of a kids person, I mean yes they can be lovable and adorable but I’m not so good dealing with the bawling, tantrums and sometimes plain notoriety.

Which brings me down memory lane, trying to recall what I was like as a kid. Those of you, who do remember, vouch for me by adding comments if you wish. ;)

I remember I never had a tantrum or bitch fit whenever I didn’t get things I want or my way, I just kept hushed about it and I don’t even remember taking it to heart and keeping it inside. I was pretty much born happy-go-lucky.

You know how kids sometimes colour milk, blue? I never did that sort of thing, possibly a perfectionist, but I just liked things the way they should be, which was also why I never tried a lot of things, because somehow I thought if I can’t do it the way it should be, don’t ruin it. Maybe that’s why I was well behaved because I thought that’s the way kids should be, well behaved, not wailing or bawling, and hammering the floor.

I liked an ideal world as a kid, a lot of how things should be this way or that way. Still very much a dreamer, living life by own rules, even against all odds I’m someone who sees that the tables can be turned.

I don’t remember having acceptance issues as I was pretty much reserved and quiet, extremely shy, YES I WAS SO SHUT UP EVERYONE. I know you have good reason for not believing me but I was. >.< People change. :p

I never took things from other people like toys, I never asked, I waited for them to offer or I would just keep quiet about it, hoping that person would offer it to me.

I never took the first step to saying hello to someone, my mum and dad had to nudge me to greet people. But when I did I was extremely happy and some how I liked holding a conversation with adults once I got acquainted, as long as they’re not silly and trying to ask me questions like “Do you have a favourite colour?” *faints*

I wasn’t extremely reliant on my parents, although I always wanted them around in an unfamiliar setting or around strangers but I’d settle in pretty quickly and start exploring the area I’m in. Ever so restless, my teachers had that to say.

Oh and I was pretty touchy with relationships, if you were my friend I’d stick to you and I wasn’t so welcoming to other kids who were overly eager to join our circle. I was acutely aware of the interaction among people, I just had a feel for people I suppose, I knew when people were happy or upset when other kids never had a clue.

And I did go through the phase of bullying girls and being with the boys but for as long as I can remember I always had more female counterparts. As much as I love being a boy, I’m not testosterone-charged and violence was hardly part of my childhood.

I guess that’s enough for now?

Some things change and the most outstanding change being my people skills, I love meeting people but some things you’re just born with.

To sum it up, I was never really a kid except the love for toys, not much of a sweet tooth (no tooth fillings), and I generally liked hanging out with the older people better though I was usually concerned if I was imposing on them, somehow I knew adults don’t like kids much, other than those silly ones who ask questions about colours.

I’d like to think I was slightly more mature as a kid. But maybe that was just what I thought but adults probably found me very much a kid still.

Enough of memory lane.

3 comments:

shernsey_ said...

You made me cry sometimes!

Serene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Serene said...

Take it from me. You were very quiet and "gong gong" when you were a kid. You will sit there and pretend to be a statue, hoping that no one will notice that you are even breathing.....