Friday, October 26, 2007

Orientation dive+Tonsillitis=Crap

Friday
23:33 hours Maldivian time
Four Seasons Resort Maldives Kuda Huraa
Café Faru

I am sitting here inside Café Faru again hoping that the Internet connection will work or that Chika-san will be done with the Ethernet wire soon.

It has been an awfully long day as I started my day early in the morning at about 08:00 hours? I was to do my orientation dive at 09:30 and as usual everyday I have to wake up even before I want to. Ha!

Went for breakfast and I met Ben, who’s the Dive Shop manager and fortunately he had good news for me, the insurance I bought for Maldives covers my scuba diving! But I had to wait about an hour longer to do my orientation dive which was fine by me since I start work at 13:00 hours. I just hung around in Café Faru once again, my favourite spot, and while waiting for my dive, I caught a bit of anime.

I went to the dive shop shortly after and was introduced to Rameez, who would be buddying me. So very quickly I chose my gear and Four Seasons being Four Seasons, the dive gear are a lot newer than what I used back in Tioman for my course. We set up our equipment, got geared up and left for the lagoon by the pool as waters were too choppy for a boat ride out to the house reef.

The view of the pool is as magnificent as it sounds, an infinity pool. I’d try to get a landscape shot of it. So we went walking about the resort fully suited up and kids went, “The divers are here!”

Did a quick check in the waters and off I went to do a refresher. Visibility was poor and there was nothing much to be seen at the lagoon, just for me to practise my skills and get acquainted with Maldivian waters. I was up and going in less than half an hour, will try again tomorrow.

Lunch was fab, fab, fab! We had noodles, ramli kinda burgers, fish maw soup(in the Maldives dammit!)

So today I was told I would be doing guest laundry, which means picking their laundry up from their villas, sorting them out and finally washing, drying and pressing them. And surprisingly, it’s by far my most loved activity in the laundry!

I always enjoyed pressing my own clothes back home and it feels really good to look presentable. So today I learnt how to handle clothes Four Seasons style and boy was I blown away!

Stay at any Four Seasons, ask them to do your laundry and you’d know what I mean. You would never have imagined your clothes could look that way. And just to give you a rough idea, they spend half an hour on your shirts!

Anyway, I’ve learnt to do it proper and basically I really enjoy it and would love to do more.

The shocker came when our house doctor diagnosed my throat, which has been feeling sore since yesterday, as tonsillitis! Geez! But it’s not serious enough to require surgery. Amazing, all these while I’m bugging at people to have theirs removed when I got it too! I got my wisdom tooth looked at as well and it’s growing well according to him! Convenient though, all he did was look at something, diagnose, and give tablets. >.<

Anyway, after consulting the doctor, it was dinner and work. Even though we have my mp3 playing today, still, it got boring when it was back to folding towels, and towels, and towels again.

I’m tired, worn out and ready to end my evening! Goodnight peeps!

No comments: